The Introduction of The D1 Athlete

Hi there, I'm Nika Dorsey, and I'm here to share with you all a glimpse into the everyday life of a Division 1 athlete. To give you a brief overview of my background, I'm a junior studying social media marketing. I was born and raised in Detroit, Michigan (go lions!), and I have spent almost my whole childhood playing basketball. At Bradley University, I play women's basketball. We play teams in our conference at the highest level of collegiate basketball. I will be using this platform to highlight all of the challenges, successes, failures, and more that most student athletes face. 

As we compete in the Missouri Valley Conference with some of the top players in the country, we are often faced with many challenges. Our 1-6 conference record is a clear representation of how tough these teams are. We’ve faced our biggest upset against Illinois State in a 74-78 loss. We were fighting tooth and nail for the majority of the game and ended up falling short at the end. It was a lot of emotions behind that game as they are seen as being our rivals. That win would have been my first against Illinois State since my three years of playing at this University. That game in fact took a toll on our team. Halli Poock, our freshman point guard, had the biggest game of her college career that night with 34 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists. That then led to her being acknowledged as the freshman of the week for the Missouri Valley. That’s a huge accomplishment for a freshman!https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aH820BgnQH-WlrqPbfLw16STCh5xILqN
Stay tuned for next week’s insight on the Bradley Women’s basketball team as we face Drake and the University of Northern Iowa next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Next?

The Latest With The Braves!